Legal Display of Firearms
Unload and lock your firearms!
Here are the rules for displaying a firearm in your home.
Ammunition cannot be displayed with, or accessible to, the firearms.
- Attach a secure locking device to the firearms; or
- Lock the firearms in a container or room that is hard to break into.
Restricted and prohibited firearms
- Attach a secure locking device to the firearms; and
- Securely attach them to something that cannot be moved.
- For an automatic firearm, also remove the bolt or bolt carrier (if removable) and lock it in a separate room that is hard to break into.
Some rules may be different for firearms displayed away from home for example, at a gun show. Refer to the Gun Shows Regulations for details.