Firearms and Hunting Licenses Canada


Complimentary Services by Terra Nova Armoury:
Check the Status of Your Application for PAL Licence
Renew Your Hunting License Now
Report The Change of Your Address
Choose your vendor

The Spousal Notification Rules

As if acquiring the license was not enough, there are other steps that need to be followed before you could even apply for one. Under the law, all Canadians who are planning to apply for a gun license must have their current and/or former spouse or common-law (from the past two years at a minimum) sign the application form, as well.

Any refusal from a spouse, for any reason whatsoever, will result in an investigation by local authorities. In addition to that, the Canadian government has also established the spousal notification information line. 1-800-731-4000 is a toll-free number that a spouse can call to express any concerns about an applicant, or report any alleged crimes that may not be in the legal records.

Same telephone line is present for any public safety concerns any person might have against an applicant or current legal gun owner.

| Home | Our Mission | Firearms Licence | Hunting Licence | Trapping Licence | F.A.Q.'s | Useful Links | Games | Privacy | Terms | Contact Us |

Guns Don't Kill People - People Do!

© 2014. All Rights Reserved by Terra Nova